Saturday, May 30, 2009

The pressure has eased...

Well the 'deadline' has been met and I can reveal the quilt. This is our Quiltaid 2009 quilt, which will be launched in June @ the Quilt Show in Sydney. Part proceeds go to the Addis Ababa Fistula Hospital in Ethiopia. 12 Aussie designers have designed blocks and 12 Aussie shops will have a block kit for you to purchase. The finishing kits are available too. If you like the way we completed our quilt, you purchase the kit from us. We have framed each block with a folded mini border, the sashings have a stitchery leaf and berry design, completing the quilt with a scallop outer border. Our block kit is by Rosalie Quinlan (bottom left corner) Go to here for ALL the info.
I have been actually sewing in my 'new' (I left and now come back) sewing room. Its lovely, my 'stuff' around me, with the radio/cd's on or the TV. I even found a board for my design board (I used to use the pool table board/cover but its really too heavy.) It does make a difference when you can see the project you're working on, easily. I leave things there and bit by bit, it grows. Photo isn't fantastic..ever tried to take a picture of a room? Well its a space for me at least. Now I just need the time to use it..
This little quilt has been finished. 'Sweet Dreams' is a Nine patch block with yo-yos in the spacer blocks.. using a honey bun roll. My photos aren't great in colour. I used the 'Sweet' range by Moda. It is young, fresh and retro.

Bookings are now coming in for our 'Christmas in the Hills' gathering with Rosalie Quinlan and Leanne Beasley in July. Don't leave it too long to decide. You will be in for a treat - this will be Special. Here is Leanne's sneak peek of one of her projects. We are so looking forward to this weekend. Both girls will have 2 projects for you with a Xmas theme. Starter kits included in cost.


Back on the home front, my DH is off to China on Monday for cherry business with apple harvest over and on Wednesday we have a visitor from France, staying for 5 weeks. She will be working for us (even with DH away...)...Good timing on his behalf! Our workmen apparently will be in charge. Thats a worry too!! Still lots of work to do, even with the harvest finished for the year. These cold, mild days are excellent for outdoor jobs which need to be done before rains (hopefully) in July. By the way, the only way you 'consumers' get good cherries is due to cold days. So we really need the winter chill.
On that note, I better get back to some more sewing using a 'Gypsy Rose' layer cake. This is so much fun! Photos of that next time.
cheers Jane *
PS Nice to see Kris and her family this afternoon, enjoying the beautiful day as well as their gelatos from bakery next door. Always good to see them.




1 comment:

Kris said...

So many pretty quilts Jane! You have been busy. Love the photo of your sewing room. I am always fascinated by other people's sewing rooms!