Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Iced Yo-Yos are done!














The 'Apple Cobbler' quilt arrived yesterday from Helen. It is gorgeous and looks so good on the wall! Bookings are filling so if you are interested in coming to our 'Gathering in the Hills' contact me.



I have finished my Yo Yo tea cosy for our class on Sat. 29 Nov. - make a tea cosy or coffee plunger cover and enjoy a delicious afternoon tea of cupcakes. I thought I might make another one (madness?) using Amy Butler's range for a real 'funky cosy'.

DH and I went to watch the Bay to Birdwood run, go through Gumeracha on Sunday. Most years we go to watch the old cars, trucks, utes and bikes go by. A lovely few hours spent. A great band plays as we sit in the pleasant sunshine and wave to the traffic! This year was the vintage cars with the classics next year (which I love!) We hope we can drive our 1966 Mustang next year!!

Cheers Jane









3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Really looking forward to the Helen Stubbings workshop on the 19th! and also the tea cosy class on the 29th Nov.....decisions....decisions...I like them both....should I start making yo yos now??? then I might get both done!!

Kris said...

Oh I love the bay to birdwood! We watched some of the cars go through Modbury. I knew it was that day because we could see people setting up chairs on the side of the road on our way to church.

Janelle Wind said...

Oh I can see a little French Kiss in our photo - how exciting! It looks wonderful too x Janelle